Dream Lover

By De Mouse

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STANDARD DISCLAIMERS : Right, as usual all the characters used in this fanfic are copyright of Squaresoft and are used without permission. This fanfic is purely made for personal entertainment purposes and does not make any sort of profit. Please do not make any duplication of this fanfic without the author's permission.

WARNING : Usual routine. Yaoi although this time it has more -yaoi- content. *smirks* Mouse-chan is getting better..sorta....ano this fic can also be a sidefic for Repeated Past if you think about it...*ponders*. Oh well, it's up to the readers.

NOTES : Okay, this is Lyn-san's (the 3000th visitor to Da Mouse Hole) request and of course to Da Mouse Hole as well. Cheers!

Comments can be sent to mouse-chan at cheese_factory@hotmail.com *sighs* mouse-chan is really tired of writing yaoi warnings but unfortunately it cannot be avoided. So as always, anti-yaoi emails aren't going to be entertained. They are just going to be laughed at, smirked at, and discarded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hands.

Just two hands.

They toyed with his hair, whirling the strands around one elegant finger. Long cool fingers trickling down his cheek like the soft whisper of silk. They pressed against his lips, reveling at the moistness while basking in the warm breath that slipped out through the pink tinted skin. Yet, strangely they remained cool. Not cold like ice but like the breeze on an autumn's day. He just had to concentrate a tad bit to figure out the exact temperature that was emanating from those slender digits. A little more time to name the precise color of the pale skin. To name the smooth surface of the knowing fingers as they trailed their way down his cheek.

He frowned.

It was just a pair of hands anyway.

Just hands.

Nothing special if he took the word apart. Didn't mean much after he placed the word back together either. He was sure if he looked into the dictionary; he would find a definition stating that it was a part of the human anatomy or something similar. Nothing out of the ordinary about it that would draw attention to the particular limb. Not unless it was misshapen, which he could tell was not. Common sense patiently told him again that there was absolutely nothing spectacular about a pair of hands.

So, he asked himself, why was he paying such an absurd amount of attention to just a pair of hands?

Obligingly, his senses reminded him of the tingling sensation that spread all over his own flesh like wildfire. His mind sharpened and dulled at the same time as the fingers slowly moved down his throat. They brushed lightly down his chest, marking a delicate journey on the slightly tanned skin. Cool palms flatten themselves while fingers curved following each rippling of the muscle that lay beneath the thin layer of heated flesh.

A pause before a light touch grazed against his nipples.

He gasped, body arching upwards to receive a firmer contact. Limbs straightened, his body like the taut string of a violin. A song that his ears could not hear drifted into his mind as the pale fingers played on their living instrument. Common sense fell away, allowing the slow warmth to devour him.

Sweet weight pressed against him, gently pushing him deeper into the soft mattress. A soft breath murmured in his ear. He could hear his name yet could not imagine that a single word could contain so much meaning and love. A sigh, perhaps from his own lips although he was not quite certain. Delightful wetness licked on a racing pulse that lay sheltered under the slightly tanned skin. He shifted, baring his neck in an unconscious plea for more.

An amused chuckle danced lightly into the air before a mouth settled once more onto the spot that drew out a moan.

He ran his hands down the cool back, marveling at the amount of silken hair that flowed down them. He pressed his hands flat on the powerful shoulders, trying to pull the other closer to him. Frustration was beginning to build, as teasing became prolonged torture instead of pleasure. He made a noise that suspiciously sounded like a faint whimper.

Skillful fingers sought out the ache, dipping into the heat.

A cry, definitely his this time. He felt the sweat on his brow as he tossed his head restlessly on the pillow. His voice called out, without thought. Absently he wondered what did the unintelligible noise that he was making meant. Somewhere among the mindless words, he could hear a name.

The name of his lover.

He frowned, trying to concerntrate on what he had cried out just moments before but the reality shattered at that instant. His heels dug deep into the mattress while his spine bent away from the soft surface. Body driving out all thought as it reached its climax. Fingers tightly clutched at the sheets. His world burst into flares of white and red. Stars flashed against his eyes. He was almost sure that for an instant he had seen the heavens.

Then soothing blackness stole over him, softly pulling him back.

He sighed, sated. Limbs that felt like they were made of pure liquid dropped back onto the bed.

No, he thought hazily, not just hands.

He reached out to seek out his lover once more.

His own touch revealed the strong arms that were connected to the cool hands. Fingers traced out the high cheekbones and sculptured lips. He hesitated; wondering if he opened his eyes, would his phantom lover fade like the morning mist that shied away from the sunlight. Silken strands tickled his skin, making him smile. He opened his eyes, wanting to see.

Wanting to add color to the sweet sensations that he was feeling.

Wanting to view the eyes that were watching him.

The image that he saw was blurry. Like a painting that was accidentally left out in the rain. Colors swirled in uncomprehendable strokes against the dark background. He blinked, trying to make out where the lines started and where it ended. His mind, soggy from the intense experience, encountered difficulty in naming the tone that dominated most of his vision. Silk hair slipped through his fingers, falling onto his chest.

Warm lips curved into a smile before firmly pressing against his own.

For a mere instant, the foggy details corrected themselves. Blur lines sharpened, and the image emerged as clear as day. Silver hair fell like strands of mercury, not quite hiding away the green gaze. His eyes widened, brain immediately working out the words to say and………

"Sephiroth!"

Cloud sprang upright.

Blue eyes wildly glanced around him, confusion mounting as he noted he was the only resident in the bed. Moonlight washed over the room, casting shadows in the sharp corners. He could hear the soft sounds of Highwind's engine running below him.

His hand groped on the shelf directly above him for his small alarm clock. Once found, he brought the gadget down.

2.45 am

"What the hell….?"

He was awake at 2.45 in the morning.

Cloud shook the alarm clock in disbelief. The gadget paused before the red digital light flashed over the black screen.

2.46 am

Fine, he thought, he was awake at -2.46- am but why?

The blonde ex-trooper blinked at his rumpled clothes and unimaginably messy hair. Skin damp from sweat while his heart persisted in continuing the 100-meter dash to causing a heart attack. A wince made its appearance as he felt the wetness on his pants. Traces of the dream floated back to him. With a sigh, he stripped off the offending garment. This was the third time for the week.

Cloud made a face.

Disgusted, he muttered something along the lines of being a fully-grown adult and not wanting to go through puberty for the second time. He paused for a moment before telling himself severely that he should not have a wet dream of his former enemy who was sleeping just a few doors away. A sudden jolt of panic sprang forth. Mako enhanced SOLDIERs had incredibly sensitive hearing. Cloud's face turned to the exact shade of a tomato. His cheeks burnt a brilliant crimson color.

Did he make any noise when he…when he…..

Could a certain silver man had heard when he……

If possible, his face became a whole lot redder than it was before. The blonde trooper pulled the blanket over his head and groaned.

"This is NOT healthy!"

~OWARI~